Thai Beef Salad
An exotic asian treat
- 1 x 300g pack fine rice noodles
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 x 500g (1lb) sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 x 240g pack radishes, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, ribboned
- 2 little gem lettuces, cut into thin wedges
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Fresh coriander, a sprig
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Cook the noodles following the packet instructions. Toss with the sesame oil and set aside to cool.
- Brush the steaks with the olive oil. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side for rare meat, or 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare meat, depending on thickness. Season well and leave to rest; thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, put the sesame oil, lime juice, sugar, fish and soy sauces into a small, lidded jar to transport to your picnic.
- Put the carrots, radishes, cucumber and noodles in a lidded container and toss to combine. Add the lettuce, spring onions, beef, sesame seeds, herbs and chilli; seal the container. Dress the salad just before serving.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 6 Days!