Red Chicken Curry
A cosy, fiery Thai curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 100g fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 baby pak choi, leaves separated
- 300ml (1/2pt) reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp soy sauce or fish sauce
- handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 160g (5 1/2oz) basmati rice
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken and onion, cook for 3 minutes, then add the beans and stock. Simmer for 3 minutes, then add the pak choi leaves.
- Stir in the coconut milk, then reduce the heat a little and simmer for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat showing. Stir through the soy or fish sauce and scatter over the coriander.
- Meanwhile, put the rice in a pan with 320ml (11fl oz) salted cold water. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes, covered. Serve the rice with the curry and lime wedges for squeezing over.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 3 Days!