Quick Seafood Paella
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g frozen squid tubes, defrosted and roughly chopped
- ½ red pepper, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 100g runner beans
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 medium (about 200g) tomatoes, grated
- ½ g saffron
- 2 fish stock cubes, crumbled
- 300g paella rice
- 100g frozen peeled raw king prawns
- 200g cod loin, cut into 1cm slices
For the ajillo
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 25ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C.
- Put an ovenproof paella pan or wide frying pan over the highest heat. Add the olive oil, chopped squid and 1 tbsp rock or sea salt. Let the water from the squid evaporate before adding the red peppers and runner beans, stirring constantly, so that all the ingredients brown nicely.
- Add the garlic and stir for 1 min before adding the paprika. Stir again and cook for 30 secs, then add the grated tomatoes, saffron and the crumbled fish stock cubes.
- Add the rice and stir for 2 mins to sear it and give a slightly crispier bite to the end dish. Pour over 1ltr hot water straight from the kettle and stir well. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, and continue to cook over the highest heat for 5 mins.
- Scatter over the peeled prawns and cod and gently mix in, then put the pan into the oven. Bake for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the ajillo. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a small bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
- Remove the pan from the oven and rest for 5 mins. Divide the paella between bowls, and drizzle with ajillo to serve.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 6 Days!