Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra to oil the pan
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g (3 1/2oz) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 400ml (13 1/2fl oz) soya milk
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork and whisk in the oil, lemon juice and cinnamon. Add the flour and baking powder. Stir while gradually adding the soya milk. The batter will take on the consistency of yogurt.
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat. Oil it using a little sunflower oil on a scrunched piece of kitchen towel. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto the pan and swirl so it spreads across the surface. When bubbles pop and the glossiness of the pancake becomes matte (about two minutes), flip over. Cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Place the finished pancakes on a plate. Repeat the process until the batter is used up. Serve hot with maple syrup.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 21 Hours