- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 courgette, trimmed and sliced
- 2 mixed peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large aubergine, trimmed and sliced
- 1 x 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, courgette, peppers and aubergine and fry until golden and starting to soften.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes with 300ml water and some seasoning. Mix well. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 mins or until the sauce has thickened a little and the vegetables are soft.
- Make four small spaces in the pan and crack in the eggs separately. Keep the heat on medium and allow the eggs to cook through, this should take 5-7 mins. Serve a large spoonful of ratatouille with an egg and with some crusty bread, if you like.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 13 Hours