Chicken and Lemongrass Fried Rice
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (keep the seeds in if you like more heat)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 320g pack stir-fry pepper mix
- 250g pouch cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 30g cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- handful coriander, torn, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and add the chicken. Cook for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, then tip out onto a plate.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and lemongrass to the wok. Fry for 1 min, then add the stir-fry pepper pack and cook for 3 mins. Add the rice and cook for 1 min, stirring to break up any clumps, until it is piping hot.
- Return the chicken to the wok along with the soy and oyster sauces, sesame oil and mirin and cook for 1 min.
- Divide between bowls, scatter over the cashew nuts and coriander and serve with the lime wedges.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 12 Hours