Poached Egg and Pea Soup
A wallet friendly, healthy lunch
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 large round lettuce, leaves separated and roughly chopped
- 400g frozen petits pois
- 1 vegetable stock cube, made up with 900ml hot water
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- 4 eggs
- small handful fresh dill, leaves picked
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the shallots and garlic. Fry for 5-6 mins until tender but not brown. Stir in the lettuce and, when it has wilted, add the peas, stock and mint. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, season and simmer for 7-10 mins, until thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat and blitz the soup with a stick blender. Season.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to a simmer. Make a whirlpool in the centre by stirring rapidly with the handle of a wooden spoon. Allow the swirl to almost subside, then crack the eggs directly into it. Poach for 3 mins over a low heat. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls. Top each one with a poached egg and some dill leaves.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 13 Hours