Fish Pie with Sweet Potato
- 250g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 250g potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 large egg
- 2 knobs of butter
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 150g skinless haddock fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1tbsp freshly chopped dill
- ½tsp English mustard powder
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to high. Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. In a second pan of boiling water cook the egg for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little butter in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Stir in the crème fraîche and when the sauce is coming up to the boil, add the haddock pieces and simmer for 5 minutes until it is cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes then rinse the egg in cold water before peeling and cutting into quarters. Mash the potatoes with butter, season, then set to one side.
- Add the pieces of egg, herbs and mustard to the sauce and season with ground black pepper, then pour into an ovenproof dish. Top with the mashed potato, using a fork to rough up the top. Grill for 4-5 minutes until golden and bubbling then serve immediately on warmed plates.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 11 Hours