Slow Cooked Shredded Beef
- 2.2lbs/1 kilo slow cook beef joint
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 200ml bbq sauce
- 4tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2tbsp American yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Turn the slow cooker on. Cut the joint into two pieces. Heat a large frying pan with one tbsp of the oil. Season the meat and sear on all sides. Place in the cooker.
- Using the same frying pan heat the remaining oil. Add the onion, season and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Pour over the meat and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Do not remove the lid during cooking or it will take longer.
- Remove the meat from the cooker. Shred the meat with two forks. Pour any excess off from the sauce and mix with the meat.
- Serve the meat on toasted buns with rocket, tomato, peppadews or sliced pickles and red onion slices.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 13 Hours