Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 tbsp tikka masala powder
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 onion, cut into 8 lengthwise
- 625g (1 1/4lb) chicken breast, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) double cream or coconut cream
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- steamed rice and plain yoghurt, to serve
- In a bowl, mix the tikka masala powder with the ginger and garlic paste and set aside. Heat the ghee in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the chicken pieces. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned, then add the tikka paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and the cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink showing. Add the spinach.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted. Serve with steamed rice and yoghurt, and garnish with the coriander.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 13 Hours