Chicken Parmigiana with Roast Potatoes
- 500g carton passata with garlic and herbs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- handful fresh basil, torn
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- 2 tsp fine semolina or flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 50g panko breadcrumbs, seasoned
- oil, for greasing
- 1 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 75g mozzarella, torn
For the potatoes
- 500g potatoes, diced
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
- 3 garlic cloves, bruised
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium and the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. For the potatoes, combine all the ingredients in a roasting tin; season. Roast for 40 mins, stirring halfway. Meanwhile, put the passata in a medium ovenproof dish. Stir in the oregano, then scatter over the basil and season. Transfer to the oven to warm through.
- Shake the chicken seasoning over the chicken and dust with the semolina or flour. Put the egg white and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip the chicken in the egg, and then in the breadcrumbs, turning to coat.
- Put the chicken on an oiled baking sheet and grill for 3-4 mins, until golden.
- Add the chicken, grilled-side down to the warm passata. Scatter over the cheeses and bake for 20-25 mins, until bubbling and golden. Finish under the grill for 2-3 mins. Serve with the potatoes.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 12 Hours