Thai Vegetable Pad
- 200g flat rice noodles
- 4 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½-1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 320g pack vegetable and beansprout stir fry
- 50g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- Soak the noodles in freshly boiled water for 12 mins. Strain and set aside. While the noodles are soaking, mix the tamarind, fish sauce, sugar and chilli flakes together.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic. Cook briefly, watching it doesn’t burn, then add the tamarind and fish sauce mixture. Let this bubble for a minute, then transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, on medium-high heat, add the beaten eggs. Let them set for a minute, without stirring. Once set, break vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Add the stir fry vegetables and cook for 2 mins, stirring from time to time. Then add the noodles, pour over the sauce, stir well and cook for another minute or two. Serve sprinkled with chopped peanuts and a squeeze of lime.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 6 Days!