Herby Roast Chicken with White Beans
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and 1/2 juiced
- 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small celeriac, diced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. In a bowl, combine the butter, herbs, garlic and lemon zest. Season well and mix again. Gently ease the skin away from one end of each chicken thigh with your fingers, being careful not to tear it. Push a little herby butter under the skin, then smooth flat.
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin and roast for 30-35 minutes, until the skin is golden and the meat is cooked through with no pink meat remaining. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the carrot, celery and onion and cook for 10 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add the celeriac and stock, then simmer for a further 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the beans and spinach until warmed through and wilted. Season to taste, adding a little lemon juice. Serve the chicken with the bean mixture.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 20 Hours