Smokey Mexican Chicken
- 1kg pack chicken thighs and drumsticks
- olive oil, for greasing
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 90g jar Mexican tinga paste (see tip)
- 100g barbecue sauce
- 750g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 100ml soured cream
- coriander leaves, to garnish
- guacamole, to serve
Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Slash the skin of each thigh and drumstick 2-3 times. Place in a large greased roasting tray with the peppers and red onion.
- Mix together the tinga paste and barbecue sauce. Spoon over the chicken and vegetables and toss well to ensure everything is coated. Roast for 15 mins, then add the sweet potato. Carefully turn and baste everything in the juices and cook for a further 25-30 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and starting to char. Remove from the oven and gently turn the vegetables again in the juices.
- Serve straight from the roasting tray, with spoonfuls of soured cream, coriander leaves to garnish, and guacamole on the side.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 5 Days!