Asian spiced Salmon with Rainbow Veg
- 1 carrot, cut into batons
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1kg (2lb) side of salmon
- 2.5cm (1in) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the carrot, peppers and spring onions in a large roasting tin. Top with the salmon, skin-side down.
- In a blender, whizz the ginger, lemongrass, mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil to a paste. Add the lime zest and juice, then whizz again.
- Spread the paste over the salmon flesh, then scatter with the red chilli and fennel seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through and flakes easily.
- Arrange the vegetables and salmon on a platter. Garnish with the coriander and lime wedges. Serve warm or cold.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 13 Hours