Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
A delicious soup
- 5 large potatoes (any variety)
- 4 large Leeks
- 1 Tbsp of vegetable spread
- 1 White onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 500ml of Coconut milk (can use any milk)
- Peel the potatoes and boil until they are soft enough to mash
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, chop up the leeks and add them, add the garlic and cook until the leeks are soft, and onions are turning brown
- Mash the cooked potato and add it to the cooked leeks and onion
- Add the coconut milk and 500ml of vegetable stock to the potato mixture
- I use a blender to combine all of these ingredients, you might need to fill the blender a couple of times as there is a lot of mixture, you can alternatively use a hand-held blender, blend and the end result should be a thick gooey soup!
- Put this mixture back onto the hob and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Leeks lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol which will help prevent heart and arterial disease.
- Leeks are high in carotenes including lutein which is important for eye health.
Why not Try?
Back to Recipes
Offer Ends in 20 Hours